Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Job Searchin'


Since I left home for college, I've been an unemployed, broke, and ambitious college student. Today I ventured into the wonderful adventure that is job searching. The temperature outside was a steamy ninety degrees, and my gas hand was low. I quickly made my way to the first destination, which was a video game shop whose name I don't remember. I walked in, and nicely asked the worker if there were any job openings, only to be told that they aren't hiring until December. Next, I went to Hibbett Sports, a sporting goods store. I walked in and asked the question that I had previously asked and was told I need to speak to the manager. As the manager walked in, he told me that there should be an opening in about two weeks and then handed me an application. I'll return the application tomorrow and courageously continue my quest.

No comments: